We work with children and their families who are experiencing difficulty developing skills or who simply need their skills refined to enable them to achieve their true ability.
Fine motor skills
- Handwriting skills.
- Includes grip and handwriting mechanics, letter formations, legibility, spatial organisation of written work, writing speed and fluency.
Gross motor skills
- Includes strength, muscle tone, motor coordination and motor planning required to perform activities with larger muscle groups such as hopping, skipping, riding a bicycle and swimming.
Visual perceptual skills
- Foundation for copying, reading, spelling, sight word retention, numeracy, comprehension & written expression.
- Includes memory systems and organisational skills, written expression skills (planning, sequencing and organising ideas and communicating these in writing).
- Sensory modulation including sensory defensive and sensory seeking behaviours.
- Sensory regulation involving regulating a child’s arousal state (if too heightened [overactive] or underaroused [underactive]).
Attention and concentration
- Maintaining attention over time. Modulating attention (broadening and narrowing focus and attention). – Shifting attention – Maintaining visual attention to task.
Activities of daily living
- Includes self help skills for feeding dressing, bathing and independence in daily self help skills.